Would You Rather Have A Halo or A Crown
‘Would You Rather Have A Halo or A Crown' is an archival print of an original collage by Kaycee Anseth. This collage was created in 2016 in Bend, Oregon.
Proceeds from print sales go directly to supporting the Kaycee Anseth Legacy Foundation and Kaycee's wishes to support emerging artists in Central Oregon.
"The old fairytales have it right. They talk about classism, violence, anger; but with whimsical characters. I’m not so much putting human conditions on the animals, as I am using them as stand-ins for humans. I can’t tell a story about how complicated the relationship is between opposing dogmas, but I can create a curious relationship between what is typically known as predator and prey. With a luscious palette, with the gold leaf, with the approachable animals; maybe I can succeed in creating a space of thoughtfulness: a place that allows for contemplating and valuing relationships that are overlooked. "
- Original words by Kaycee Anseth
- Printed on archival quality, cotton rag paper
- Print size availability is determined by quality of original scan
- Print dimensions vary 1-2" from size ordered to honor the size of Kaycee's original collage
- Card is 5x5” and comes with an envelope